• International Bridge Upgrade
• HCR Short-Line Railway
• Deep Water Port
• Industrial Land Development
• Multimodal Hub
- The Sault Ste. Marie Transportation Infrastructure Task Force, previously the Global Gateway Transportation Steering Committee, is moving forward with a strategy that includes serviced industrial land, a deep water port, multimodal opportunities and other transportation opportunities such as rail.
- A $33-million upgrade to the Huron Central Rail line was announced.
- The $44-million International Bridge Plaza redevelopment was announced with construction set to begin in 2011.
- The extension of Third Line to Peoples Road, McNabb to South Market, and Pine Street to Second Line East, are either underway or will begin in 2011.
For information on the city's Multimodal Strategy, visit www.multimodalssm.com.
[View Strategic Mind Maps]